International Talk Like A Pirate Day is September 19th and even our little town of Kemptville is getting in on the action. What will ye be doing to celebrate?
If you haven’t heard of it before, check out the official site for TLAPD for tips on how to talk like a pirate. This list below is from TLAPD and one my husband particulary enjoyed adding to his pirate repertoire. 😉
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How’d you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.